Please refer to your Owner's Manual for a complete trailer maintenance and part maintenance (such as trailer actuators and brake readjustment) directions. The following are just a few maintenance tips that should be checked each time before towing your trailer.
- Be sure all parts, bolts, and nuts are tight.
- Secure load to trailer with BIA approved tie-downs.
- Check the tire pressure while the tire is cold. Check and adjust wheel bearings if necessary after the first 50 miles of use.
- Inspect and repack wheel bearings at least twice a year and before storing.
- Check that the Bed Locking Pin is in place.
- Do not exceed trailer capacity.
- Be sure all lights are operating and in good working order.
- Coupling ball make sure you are using the size marked on the trailer coupling and coupling must be securely latched to the ball.
- Cross safety chains under tongue to secure to towing vehicle.
- Check brake operation.
When your boat is launched off the trailer, it is a good time to check over the bunks or rollers, safety chains and winch straps to make sure they are in working good working order and condition.